Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DIY: Nautical Nail Art Stick-on


Nautical Nails


Hello! :) I will be writing the details on how to beautify your nails using our Nail Art Stick-ons.
(Check out @stylestruttercdo on Instagram for more designs and prices).

Equipment:
- Nail art stick-on
-Small scissors
-Nail file
-Nail cuticle trimmer
-Bowl of water
-Basic polish (I prefer white for this purpose but you can use any, depending on your nail art design)
-Nail polish top coat

STEP 1: Coat your nails with your preferred base color. Let it dry.


STEP 2: Cut out a nail figure from the nail art stick-on strip. Then dip into the bowl of water for a good 10-15 seconds (2a), or as long as you notice that a thin designed film can slip out from the white sort of crayon paper. (2b)

(2a)

(2b)

STEP 3: Place on top of a fingernail and then press lightly so as to let the water seep out.

STEP 4: Cut out the excess film using the cuticle trimmer. You can ask someone to do this for you to hasten the process, but if you're alone and you've got time to lose then you can do it on your own, there's a reason why this is entitled as a DIY ;D

Alternative: You can also cut them to the shape and size of your fingernail before dipping the into the water.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of me trimming them because I was doing all these by myself, and there's no way I could take a picture of my hand with my other hand pressing the camera, it would require three hands. hihi


STEP 5: Do the other nails and tidy them up using a nail file. Coat with a clear glaze to seal them up. And viola! You've got your own salon-pampered nails!:)

Hope you enjoyed!:)

Again, for more designs, kindly visit our page on Instagram or Facebook (not so active there :D)


*Sorry for the blurred photos. Light wasn't that good, had to hurry, tried my best. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment