Friday, October 12, 2012

The Comeback

HELLOOOO SEMBREAK! Finally, I can blog again! *finger dance* :D Wow, it has been a reeaallyyy looongg (have I put enough emphasis already?xD) time since I created a post. Anyhoo. Imma blog about what  I have been up to for  the past months, things that made me crazy busy and not blog. :|

First up: Studies. Well, being a senior nursing student is draining. But being a senior nursing student, spiritual head of a religious org, young designer, and young event planner vacuumed the energy out of me. No, I am NOT bragging, I am simply expressing how difficult it is to juggle the responsibilities I am holding. Okay, back to studies. My biggest frustration slash discovery: Studying twists my mind, it's bad for me. Back when I was in my junior, sophie, and freshie years, I rarely study for quizzes and term exams, and I passed each of them. And yet just last sem, I spent long hours with coffee running through my blood vessels, studying, and I barely pass my exams. What is that?! That happened during the first half of the sem, so I then concluded that studying was not for me and decided not to anymore, and not surprisingly, I got better grades in the second half. HOHOHO. See? Don't study, it'll just deprive you from sleeping and make you look like zombies. =)) I KIDD. Studying is good, but maybe it's not just for me. haha. 'kay, 'nuff of that. Final grades aren't released yet though, so fingers are still crossed!

ooh, this was during our Nursing  General Assembly. The theme was "Turn up the Night" and well the seniors definitely did. The seniors' dance clash was veeeryyy awesome! and so were all the other performances-- bands, song numbers, including our clinical instructors' intermission, etc ;)



Second stir: Formations. As the appointed spiritual head, I had to facilitate prayer sessions, make introductions and flows for holy hour masses, and help in retreats. Given the busy nursing schedule that we had for the sem, I wasn't quite sure if could hold up to my responsibilities as a spiritual head. Being one entails you to be spiritually enlightened, especially when you're making the modules/flows and introductions, and facilitating prayer sessions. No, I was not spiritually and emotionally guided that time. It was such a hard work to concentrate on writing Godly things when one's self was not immersed in His light and presence. After discerning, I talked to my head and our president about resigning but they didn't want me to because then they'd had to find someone else but there wasn't any who was yet ready for the position, most incumbent were newly consecrated ones and had no experience with the responsibilities of a spiritual head. I prayed and said to Him, "Lord, Your will be done." I carried on with my tasks and He blessed me with so many things thereafter. I found an assistant, my grades were okay; I was able to manage my time well with my studies and the org's needs. If we just let Him take the wheel, everything will be alright. :')

Third: Kasalang Filipino 2012. About 10 days prior to the exhibit, Designer Boogie Rivera, co-member of Designers' Assembly, called and asked if I wanted to join the said event. I wasn't actually sure because first, young designer as I am, I never had a wedding dress sewn (well, let's put yet to that :D). Most of my clients were for debuts as they are in my age group. But I thought it'd be a nice experience and because I wanted to complicate my already busy schedule, I went for it. I only had around a week to make 2 wedding gowns and 1 wedding suit. It would've been a little less than a struggle if my seamstress lived near me. But she didn't, so things went crazy and my designs weren't executed as how I really wanted them to be. The show went great though, and I was supported by my mummie, brother, cousin, helper, and boyfie so it was all worth the tears and disappointment of not achieving my designs. Yknow, it's true what they say that it's the journey that matters more, not the destination. Knowing that they were all there was enough to make me stand proud of what I got that day.

With my models-- JL Dimitui, Paige Reyes, & Molie Simpao

ohana :)

love <3
With my ever supportive friends Riza and Kai ;)
More Photos


Fourth: Wedding Reception Decoration. My mum, kabarkada/bffffff Roger, supposedly one other uh, friend?, and I (let's leave that be. n___n"), were hired to decorate Mrs. Jen Rodrigo-Donaire's nuptial last Sept 30, at Country Village.  We had to search here and there and find stuff that was within their budget and that was really tiring but since I love what I was doing, I didn't mind. That friend was replaced by my cousin Razel and boyfie Joseph. Thank you for the support once again. Love you both! and of course I would like to thank kuya Charles of ABSS Lights and Sounds, the lights were really of great help, thank you so much for the plus plus service with no extra fee (he had to go back all the way home and get stuff because things had to be adjusted due to some things). The place looked great (love your own!haha). Mrs. Donaire appreciated the venue as well and that itself was the reward that I wanted :)

To see more, click here.

Whew, that's a long and perhaps boring post? haha There were so many other little and big things that happened but I think I'll make a separate post for them.

How are you holding up lately, hmm? What's keeping you on the run? Share share!;)

xx,
Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment